How do you apply for a KILROY Foundation Grant?
The grant process consists of only four steps:
Step 1: Qualification Form – this is a pre-screening where you are asked to spend 10 to 15 minutes answering some simple questions about you and your planned experience abroad. Based on your answers, the KILROY Foundation will identify the most qualified candidates to proceed to Step 2 of the Application process.
>> Spring Grants - Closed for new applications. The grant recipients will be announced on our Facebook page. <<
>> Fall Grants - Apply now. Follow us on Facebook for more information. <<
Your travel abroad does not have to exclusively take place during the grant season
- Step 2: Application – the selected candidates will receive an email with link to the Application Form where we ask you to submit a short motivation and some additional information.
Please Note: ALL applicants from Step-1 not progressing to Step-2 will also be informed of their results!
- Step 3: Application Evaluations – the KILROY Foundation Grant Committee will review and evaluate all Step-2 applications. Additional information will be requested if needed.
- Step 4: Distribution of funds – final KILROY Foundation Grant recipients will be notified by email and grant amount transferred.
>> Spring Grants - end August/September every year (changes may apply)
>> Fall Grants - end January/February every year (changes may apply)
Please Note: ALL applicants not receiving a grant will also be informed of their results!
As part of receiving a KILROY Foundation Grant, you are asked to share with us your experience abroad through photos and or videos with short testimonials – which we will publish through our website, Facebook and Instagram. Check out some of the things last years grant recipients shared with us here!
- You must be able to prove citizenship in one of the following countries: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Poland
- You must be between 18 and 35 years of age at the date of travel abroad
- Be prepared to provide documentation of your nationality, occupational status and affiliation with volunteer or educational program you are or intend to visit abroad
- You have not received a KILROY Foundation Grant before
- The activity which you will use the grant towards cannot end before the day we distribute the funds
- Applications received after your experience abroad will not be accepted
- Employees of the KILROY Group are not eligible to apply
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for more information or questions. We will be happy to hear from you!
KILROY Foundation on Facebook to receive the latest news and updates on grants and projects we support!