What is a KILROY Foundation Grant?
KILROY Foundation awards grants to young individuals pursuing:
• Studies abroad
• Internship abroad
• Volunteer work abroad
The Foundation will award 5 "Spring" grants in the first half of each year and 5 "Fall" grants in the second half of each year – each at €1500, to individuals who seek to develop themselves by going off the beaten track, contributing to local community development and international experiences
Your travel abroad does not have to exclusively take place during the grant period
Where does the money come from?
KILROY Foundation Grants are fully financed by funds donated by KILROY International
Why a KILROY Foundation Grant?
The intent of the Foundation is to help develop individuals and communities around the world through travel and education. We want young people to have the opportunity to discover and experience global diversity, minimize any form of prejudice and maximize interest and involvement in global society. This we do through our KILROY Foundation Grant scheme.
How do you apply for a KILROY Foundation Grant?
The grant process consists of only four steps:
- Step 1: Qualification Form – you are asked to spend 10 to 15 minutes answering some simple questions about you and your planned experience abroad. Based on your answers the KILROY Foundation will identify the most qualified candidates based on how impactful the grant will be.
Please note: when the Spring or Fall application process begins, a yellow link will appear at the bottom of this page
>> Spring Grants 2017 - applications close July 3rd, 2017 <<
>> Fall Grants, application starts August 2017 <<
- Step 2: Application – the selected candidates will receive an email with link to the Application Form where we ask you to submit a short motivation and some additional information.
Please Note: ALL applicants from Step-1 not progressing to Step-2 will also be informed of their results!
- Step 3: Application Evaluations – the KILROY Foundation Grant Committee will review and evaluate all Step-2 applications. Additional information will be requested if needed.
- Step 4: Distribution of funds – final KILROY Foundation Grant recipients will be notified by email and grant amount transferred.
>> Spring Grants - mid August every year
>> Fall Grants - mid January every year
Please Note: ALL applicants not receiving a grant will also be informed of their results!
As part of receiving a KILROY Foundation Grant, you are asked to share with us your experience abroad through photos and or videos with short testimonials – which we will publish through our website, Facebook and Instagram. Check out some of the things last years grant recipients shared with us here!
- You must be able to prove citizenship in one of the following countries: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Poland
- You must be between 18 and 35 years of age at the date of travel abroad
- Be prepared to provide documentation of your nationality, occupational status and affiliation with volunteer or educational program you are or intend to visit abroad
- You have not received a KILROY Foundation Grant before
- The activity which you will use the grant towards has to start before the end of 2018
- Applications received after your experience abroad will not be accepted
- Employees of the KILROY Group are not eligible to apply
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for more information or questions. We will be happy to hear from you!
KILROY Foundation on Facebook to receive the latest news and updates on grants and projects we support!